The S1 Design Collective is a network of Sheffield-based architects, engineers, designers & photographers. We regularly work together to give more demanding projects specialist expertise and larger teams. The supportive nature of our network gives a level of back-up and a spread of skills that can be applied to every commission and that enriches all the work we do.
We offer the personal services of a small practice with access to a broad range of specialist skills that are rarely found in one company. Although you'll be employing one of the collective, our specialist skills in architecture, landscape design, structural engineering, built environment photography, renewables, conservation, sustainable and low energy design will be at your disposal. Our track record of working together gives you the certainty of a positive project outcome.
- Design feasibility studies
- New build as well as refurbishments & extensions
- Domestic & commercial Projects
- Full structural design services
- Planning& Building regulations applications
- Contract administration
- Site planning and feasibility studies
- Landscape design
- Site ecological improvements
- Sustainable drainage system design
- Domestic garden design
- Conservation area appraisals
- Holistic, fabric first low energy design approach to all projects.
- Passivhaus design
- Low energy retrofit of existing buildings including Enerphit
- Renewable energy system advice and design
- Community consultation
- Structural Surveys, Inspections & Reports
- Listed building appraisals
- Listed Building renovation, retrofit and alterations
- Sensitive retrofit and upgrade of the thermal fabric
- Assistance with funding applications
Nynke Wierda Photography
Stephen Hill Architects
Walker Cunnington Architects
Paul Testa Architecture
Jon Carr Structural Design
The members of the collective have a history of working together collaboratively on projects to give our clients access to the broad range of specialist skills we can offer.
education, residential, sustainability
passivhaus, residential, sustainability
News from the collective with comment and discussion on Architecture, Design, Sustainability and the built environment.
I can always remember the day I started work......
First of all, I should declare my interest in......
Saw this story on the BBC News website recently,.....
Originally posted on Paul Testa Architecture’...
In February this year I moved my architects practi...
For some time I’ve been involved with variou...